Blogging can be incredibly valuable to a variety of people and for a variety of reasons. Blogging is not just for businesses! I’ve benefited personally, professionally, and financially from blogging. I recommend starting a personal blog to almost everyone I meet. Here are 13 reasons why I think YOU should start blogging!
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO START A BLOG?
Anyone who thinks that blogging isn’t challenging hasn’t really done it. It is a challenge to sit down, write, edit, find the right pictures and make it cohesive…and to do that consistently. It is a challenge to put your ideas out there, but you shouldn’t be scared of it. The benefits outweigh the challenges. Technically speaking, I have tried many tools, providers & apps throughout the years, and after 5 years of blogging, I have narrowed down my favorites. You can check out all my technical advice on my personal blog.
13 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD START A BLOG
- Express yourself – a blog may encompass several mediums, including writing, pictures, video, music, etc. Blogging regularly is a great way to express yourself in your own unique way!
- It could turn into an income stream – The reality is more people are making money as bloggers than ever before. The people who write about a very specific niche tend to be the most successful. Not to mention, it has the amazing ability to position yourself as the expert on whatever topic you’re focusing on. Which can lead to more clients, customers & sales.
- Building your own tribe is immensely satisfying – There is a certain joy that comes with finding people who share the same interests as you. A blog is an amazing way to do this!
- Collaborations and unearthing the win-win-win – Collaboration is everything when it comes to social media. If you are just starting, find people who could add value to what you are doing. In return, you also get to add value to their business. That’s a win-win. Add your followers to the mix and that’s a win-win-win!
- Making new friends – I have made so many great friends through my blog “showmeyournola.” (link in the resources section)
- You will learn a surprising, fun new skill – When I started out, there was a lot I did not know. As my blog grew, I learned several new skills that have proved themselves very useful.
- Self-growth through challenging yourself – This is simple: when you do something that challenges you, you grow.
- Sharing is actually caring – Information is power, and we live in an information age. One of the best parts of a blog is the ability to share information. As you develop your platform and voice, you can begin to communicate as an expert on that subject.
- If the blog isn’t your primary source of income, you can test new ideas and products risk-free, and be more picky about your sponsors or partners
- It could turn into a full-time income/full-blown business – It will take some time, but the chance that you can turn your blog into full-time income is very high with some consistent hard work.
- You have not missed the boat – some people think that if they have not started a blog at this point, it’s too late. In reality, this could not be further from the truth. There is still a need for your unique voice!
- Unforeseen opportunities – I had no idea when I started my blog that I would have such incredible opportunities, especially in areas that I had never considered, like food photography.
- You can make the rules up as you go – Seriously. There are no rules when it comes to blogging. Just because you start your blog on one subject doesn’t mean you can’t change directions later. Just start with something you’re passionate about.
TOURJOURS WORTH SERVICE
Invest for your future with our new automated investment platform that combines 24/7 sophisticated technology with access to a financial advisor team. Tailored to your age, risk tolerance & portfolio size, you’ll receive a customized investment allocation and roadmap designed to help you pursue your objectives & goals.
Toujours Worth is not affiliated with LPL. Guided Wealth Portfolios (GWP) is a centrally managed, algorithm-based, investment program sponsored by LPL Financial LLC (LPL). GWP uses proprietary, automated, computer algorithms of FutureAdvisor to generate investment recommendations based upon model portfolios constructed by LPL. FutureAdvisor and LPL are nonaffiliated entities. If you are receiving advisory services in GWP from a separately registered investment advisor firm other than LPL or FutureAdvisor, LPL and FutureAdvisor are not affiliates of such advisor. Both LPL and FutureAdvisor are investment advisors registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and LPL is also a Member FINRA/SIPC. All investing involves risk including loss of principal.
No strategy assures success or protects against loss. There is no guarantee that a diversified portfolio will enhance overall returns or outperform a non-diversified portfolio. Diversification does not protect against market risk.
WORTH IT WEEKLY INSPIRATION
Each week, we will share something with our podcast audience that has inspired us. There are no rules as to what that content looks like, just anything we find that has inspired us! We hope you enjoy!
- Dustin found inspiration in this quote by Stewart Brand: “the greatest good is always the longest good, because the majority affected is always yet to come.”
- I found Emeril’s vodka pasta sauce this week, so decided to share! Check out the resources section for a link to the recipe!
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE
- [2:00] 13 reasons to start a blog
- [4:00] Danielle’s blog history
- [6:45] the struggles of starting a blog
- [12:30] 1. Express yourself
- [13:30] What would Prince do?
- [18:30] 2. It could turn into an income stream
- [20:30] 3. Building your own tribe is immensely satisfying
- [22:45] 4. Collaborations and unearthing the win win win
- [25:45] 5. Making new friends
- [27:00] 6. You will learn a surprising, fun new skill
- [28.15] 7. Self-growth through challenging yourself
- [29:00] 8. Sharing is actually caring – information sharing
- [30:00] 9. You can test new ideas and products risk-free
- [31:45] 10. It could turn into a full-time income
- [32:30] 11. You have not missed the boat
- [34:30] 12. Unforeseen opportunities
- [35:00] 13. You can make the rules up as you go
- [37:30] Toujour Worth Services
- [39:15] Inspiration section
RESOURCES & PEOPLE MENTIONED
- showmeyournola blog
- Planoly App
- Danielle’s husband, Andres, as Prince photo
- Emeril’s Vodka Pasta Sauce Recipe
- Danielle uses Bluehost to host her blog
Links are being provided for information purposes only. LPL is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize or sponsor any of the listed websites or their respective sponsors. LPL is not responsible for the content of any website or the collection or use of information regarding any website’s users and/or members.